środa, 19 października 2011

Footprints #19 Masters Voice - Original Jazz Compositions

There were no plans on paper to get this particular mix done and I am as surprised as you are now. To be honest, I wasn’t looking forward to any new mixes and I was far from expecting that we’re about to provide yet another part just one month after vol.18 appeared. I wanted to postpone the publishing as it has become a sort of tradition for Footprints to pop up, more or less, every six months, if not more. When I played “Original Jazz Compositions” for the first time I completely forgot about the idea of postponing Marcin Lisowski’s (Master'sVoice) second Footprints mix. The selection seems to be highly influenced by the author’s new setting:

“I’ve just moved to Warsaw and I thought I need a soundtrack reflecting what surrounds me now. There are no boom-pow-experimental jazz tracks in this particular mix, it’s rather one of those you can listen to while exploring countless streets, nooks and crannies of a big city on an autumn evening, hence Warsaw’s Palace of Culture and Science on the cover created by Mr. Jayes.”

The mix lasts 27 minutes. The names enlisted below are probably well-known among the fans of the music encompassing brass instruments as you can see some real jazz legends in here, with the exception of Mattia Cigalini, a young and promising Italian saxophonist born in 1989. I’d say he’s worth keeping an eye on. Do not get misleaded by the list: the dates given are those of reeditions.


Footprints #19 Master’s Voice - Original Jazz Compositions (Download) (Cover)
(October 2011)


Jan Ptaszyn Wróblewski - The Opener (Muza, 2011)
Soul 4 introducing Mattia Cigalini - Arriving Soon (DejaVu, 2009)
Kenny Dorham - Sunset (Blue Note, 2000)
Donald Byrd - The Loner (Blue Note, 2009)
Bill Evans Trio - Re: Person I Knew (Riverside, 2009)
Krzysztof Komeda - Po Katastrofie (PolJazz, 1989)
Novi - Trzeba Wracać (Muza, 2009)
Jazz Chorał & Tomasz Szukalski Quartet - Hymn Dla Słońca (Muza, 2011)

9 komentarzy:

  1. Fantastic, absolutely fantastic jazz compilation. It rivals Footprints #13, which I thought couldn't be topped. I can't wait for the next one

    Only disappointment is that it is too damn short. ;)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Zajebista plytka ! Tak dalej chlopaki. Swietnie sie slucha wasze plytki.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Very cool album. I love the cover art, especially.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Very good job...

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Sudah seru, odds nya menguntungkan lagi!!. itulah permainan sabung ayam online di agen sabung ayam
    Dapatkan informasi penting dalam dunia sabung ayam di website bawah ini
    https://works.bepress.com/taruhanayamonline/21/

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Hello ! I simply would like to give you a
    huge thumbs up for your excellent info you have right
    here on this post. I will be returning to your website for more soon.

    Link Sbobet

    Link Sbobet Anti Internet Positif

    Link Sbobet Terbaru 2019

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Thanks for sharing such great information for me. I hope you will share some more information about Please keep sharing!

    أرضيات الفينيل


    OdpowiedzUsuń